Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Taking stock, updating and more

Do you have dreams? Do you have goals? One of my dreams is to develop a full healing Centre combining occupational therapy and Torah. Does the one have anything to do with the other? Yes, absolutely, stay tuned to find out more or you are welcome to book a me as a speaker and I'd be happy to share the connection. 

Where did my dream begin? I'm not sure I can put my finger on it, but I do clearly remember a certain conversation with a classmate in second year at university. She asked me if I had any idea what I wanted to do with the profession we were studying. I thought for about a second and responded, yes, I want to start a healing centre. 

A year later, my life was challenged as I developed a condition that turned chronic. It took 17 years to find the right doctor to diagnose the primary infection correctly. All the while I continued to work towards my dream. I completed my degree in the correct time, went on to work and gain experience in my profession and kept coming up with ideas for my dream centre.

If the path of recovering from a chronic illness is of interest, stay tuned, I've written it up as a book which I now need to edit. 

So where are we now? Well, I've been qualified for over 20 years now and still working on my dream centre. I now have a website, a few blogs, some equipment, the opportunity to treat clients from my private practice in my home or in clients homes in Beitar Illit or Jerusalem. I also offer treatments in the Medical Centre in Ramat Eshkol and at Bishvilech in Givat Shaul. For those clients in Israel who are unable to come to me, TeleHealth is sometimes an option, depending on the need.

In addition to private clients, we are busy with developing our store. We are happy to announce that new stock has come in. So do be in touch and come and visit. My task for today is: working on our online store. Yes, we have finally found the guidance  we need to develop our online store, and look forward to sharing information and progress. 

Is that all? NO, there is lots more. It's exciting, it's happening and it's wonderful to stop for a moment, take stock of how far we have come, challenges, obstacles and all. It's wonderful to walk into our developing store and just look at the happy shelves. It's wonderful to look at the box of books ready to start our lending library and know that a few years ago, our lending library was just an idea, now we have some tangible progress.

If you are interested in the progress of our centre, you are welcome to visit in person or follow our posts. We're on FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, our blogs and websites. If you are interested in making a contribution towards the development of this centre, our current needs are: 
- 2 book shelves for our lending library, another shelf for our store and a Keter cupboard with doors for storage. If you have any available that you do not need are are willing to donate, please be in touch. If you'd like to make a monetary donation, you can visit our website or the donate button on this blog.

Of course, referrals and purchases from our store are always welcome and another way for you to participate in enabling a dream to become reality. 

Thank you for your interest in my journey towards developing my dream healing &Torah centre. We look forward to sharing more developments.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails