Thursday, 30 April 2015

How Our Book Came Into Being


Someone asked how we came to write our book: "Tuvia Finds His Freedom". Great question, here is our answer.

We were pondering a recurring problem of having to rescue little animals from kids being unkind and even cruel. Knowing there are no co-incidences, we wondered what positive action we could take. I posted a question on a mothers group and had mostly negative responses. However, some mom's agreed that education was necessary, still I was left with the dilemma of how to get the message to the kids.

We considered various options and then a friend asked about one of the nature photographs I had on my website. She liked the story behind the picture and so we decided to write it in a little more detail. At first I thought of doing a blog post to help to promote our pets and nature photography, but then I showed it to my husband and he loved the idea of a book. So we got to work. 

With a love of both books and photographs, we began to improve the story I had written. My husband added and altered some of the text and then we sat down to select appropriate photographs. With my husbands wonderful computer work and a little effort our book soon began to take shape.

The photographs used in the book show the facial expressions of a special little animal. Buy the book to find out what kind of reptile he is, what kind of habitat is best suited to him and how he finds his freedom.

I hope the short story above explains how we came to write the book. If you have other questions, you are welcome to post your question in the comment section below.

This post is prepared for you by Shoshanah Shear of Chessed Ve'Emet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails